Solutions for many FTTx applications
Hexatronic offers solutions for many FTTx applications
Hexatronic offers solutions for many FTTx applications such as Fibre To The Home, Fibre To The Antenna, Fibre To The Classroom and Fibre To The Desk.
Fibre Access Network
Hexatronic’s system for Access Networks includes everything that you need for the passive fibre optic network. The core of the system is the air-blown cabling technology with micro-cables, nano-cables, blown fibres and micro-ducts. The design of the state of the art network products provide fast, efficient and flexible fibre distribution, which makes the system complete.The design of all products meet the highest requirements of scalability, performance and reliability and provide the lowest total cost of ownership.
Low Initial Investment Cost• Combining Hexatronic micro-cables, nano-cables and air-blown fibres make it easy to connect new end users. The new fibre is installed by jetting into existing micro-ducts.
• The solution means low initial cost for optical fibre installation since air blown cabling in micro-ducts enables fibre to be installed only to paying end users. New end users are connected fast, comfortably and at low cost.
• Excess fibre capacity is not needed to guarantee future demands since the network can be expanded easily by blowing in more cables. Fibre count can be incrementally increased.
• Repair requirements and other network changes are easy to undertake. Repair is swift and done with minimal interruptions.
The System Solutions
To simplify the network design and planning, we divide the system into:
1) The Access and Premises Network
2) The Feeder and Distribution Network
1) Access and Premises Network
The drop network connects end users to splicing and branching points, or Fibre Access Terminals (FATs) where the ducts or cables connect to the feeder and distribution network. The Hexatronic Air Blown Fibre Unit (ABFU) system or the Hexatronic offering of nano cables gives two options for connecting fibres from the end users to the FAT. The solution also includes micro-ducts forming the infrastructure of outdoor, indoor, underground or aerial applications. Typical products at the premises network are Fibre Access Terminals (FATs) and Fibre Termination Boxes (FTBs).
2) Feeder and Distribution Network
The feeder and distribution network is the foundation of any fibre access network. The feeder network connects the central offices to the Fiber Distribution Hubs (FDHs) with micro-ducts and micro-cables.